1. Plan, plan, plan! I can't stress this enough. Create a content calendar to give you a road map for your social media channels. If you aren't sure how to create a content calendar, reach out and I can show you how.
2. Create high-quality, engaging content. You want to post content that creates conversation within your community. Avoid things like stock photos that dilute your brand. Opt instead for real-life pictures and custom visuals for a more authentic connection.
3. Post consistently. If you want to build your following, having a consistent posting schedule will help you grow your social media presence.
4. Establish your social media voice. Take some time to brainstorm your brand voice. Does your voice align with your brand and is it consistent with your mission statement?
5. Video. Yup, you knew it was coming. 2019 will be the year of the video. I know I will be experimenting with it more and you should too.
6. There’s an app for that. Don’t feel like you need to do all of this on your own. Utilize the app store to find tools that will help you create beautiful content (Unfold), schedule your social media (Buffer) or edit photos (A Color Story).
7. Analyze your data. It’s important to look at the data on your social media channels and use it to make content decisions. I will be posting more on this later this year.
8. Engage with your community. Make sure your are engaging with your followers. Respond and listen to their comments and questions.
9. Don’t get caught up in trends. What works for someone else, may not work for you. Basically, test out different content and find what works best for your audience.
10. Be flexible. It’s no surprise that social media changes all of the time. Be willing to roll with the punches and change course if something isn’t working.